« Home | keep 'em away from me » | all we need is time » | dear computer, please do fuck off. love, me » | Arabian Knights » | the system works » | civic duty » | Puppy Product Placement » | Vice » | Poor Woobie » | sex bomb »

doppelganger




I was unloading my car the other night, and up the street trots a little Maisie doppelganger. She had a collar with a phone number, so I soon got her back to a grateful owner. I asked her if she was a mutt, and he said yes. Then I showed him Maisie and said she was a Patterdale Terrier, and he was happily gobsmacked. His vet had said his dog Stella had a lot of Patterdale, and he'd never seen one in person. Stella was just like Maisie in temperament -- well-mannered, sprightly, affectionate, non-yappy, friendly to all -- I'd adopt another Patterdale in a minute. Best dogs ever!

My photos suck, I know. I still haven't figured out how to photograph my little black dog (the difficulty being that she's littler and blacker than any other dog I've photographed.) Somebody please google it for me and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

"Black subjects, especially furry ones, simply do not reflect enough light to allow you to record shadow detail. The opposite applies to white animals -- close down the aperture by a full or half stop because white reflects all light waves, and white subjects tend to be overexposed." now, what about digital? I'm so glad you asked...because I couldn't find a damn thing. Perhaps some of these books will help? http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=br_ss_hs/103-4915247-4537451?platform=gurupa&url=index%3Dblended&keywords=photographing+dogs

I own 4 patterdale terriers. 2 month old pups(bitches), one older bitch(mother) and a dog from last years litter of pups. And they are the best dogs we've ever had!

ahhhh... the bitches. I love calling my dog a bitch as well- because, alas, she is one. I have a hard time photographing scully as well, being all white. I think all the white makes her look fat.And in other dog news, we have switched from Iams to Innova because Gareth read this article: http://www.iamscruelty.com
and she does love it!

Post a Comment