« Home | that last PBR did it » | Broken Household Appliance National Forest » | My Birthday Presents »

the best French word ever

Oeuf. Oeuf oeuf oeuf oeuf oeuf. Sing it with me now oeuf.

This isn't going to be a food blog. But.

Yesterday I made Oeufs en Cocotte with Sauce au Cari to soothe my hangover and oh dear me, it was heaven in a ramekin. I got the idea from this book my brother gave me for my birthday. You hit the nail on the head with that one, Alex.

Oeufs en Cocotte is blessedly simple. Preheat oven to 375. Put a Dutch oven with about 3/4" of water on to simmer. Butter small ramekins. When water is at a simmer, add a Tbsp of cream to each ramekin. Give it a minute or two. When cream is hot, break an egg into each ramekin. Transfer Dutch oven to now hot oven. Bake 7-10 minutes. Eggs are done with they are set, but still tremble when you shake the pan lightly. Serve with crusty bread and go go go.

I upped the ante with the curry cream sauce - also simple - just butter, minced onions, cream, curry, saltnpepa. I just spooned that action liberally, nay, extravagantly all over the runny yolks and devoured.

It has come to my attention that there are people out there who do not like runny eggs. These people are all kinds of wrong.