« Home | modern art makes me rock out » | deshabille » | in honor of spring break » | this is not a food blog part II » | y'know what's a weird word? » | this is what it looks like when » | Another Website I Wish I'd Thought Of » | animalcules » | Roller Derby Bulletin II » | attn. germophobes »

The Bitch Has a Birthday




No we're not talking about Mauri, hers was last week. Maisie turned 1 yesterday on the first day of spring (more or less).

My favorite little black Aries got a new fur-lined bed, a giraffe tail toy that whacks the bejeezus out of her which she loves, something called a Wiggler Giggler which I had to take away within 10 minutes because it made me so nuts, and lots of mint-flavored tennis balls.

The birthday cake pretty much ruled. You can find the recipe here. I added a can of Mighty Dog Chicken & Rice to the batter for heft and used Kong Stuff'N for the written icing. Why yes I do have a life, why do you ask?

I recommend only making half the recipe unless you too have a 175-lb English Mastiff on hand to run cleanup. Happy Birthday Bug!