« Home | smooth criminal » | start kissing my ass now » | The Bitch Has a Birthday » | modern art makes me rock out » | deshabille » | in honor of spring break » | this is not a food blog part II » | y'know what's a weird word? » | this is what it looks like when » | Another Website I Wish I'd Thought Of »

all you ever do is bring me down

What is with the g.d. weather? Have we all unwittingly upped and moved to Seattle? I would quickly become one of those suicide statistics in the Pacific Northwest. I find little appealing about that rain sodden underbathed overhippied off the grid part of the country and suddenly I'm living in it. Mediterranean climate my sweet ass.

Midterms next week. Writtens & practicals in both microbiology and anatomy. Oof. I'm sitting at the dining room table facing a pile of books and a veritable mountain of notecards which say shit like "net gain of 2 ATP from substrate-level phosphorylation" and "definition of 'shocked survivors?'" I've already spent an hour reading poetry and bidding on 3 pairs of ridiculous shoes on eBay to console myself.

Those notecards sound like showing off, but no. The thing about the sciences is, all you have to do is be a good memorizer. It's like getting through law school, as I understand it. They don't want too much info; all they want you to know what they goddamn told you to know.

Yes, the higher echelons of science are incredibly creative, and of course there's being a physicist which is science+creativity+philosophy from the 101 level, in which case you're a weirdo. But biology is just remembering shit, and being able to fit the little picture into the big one. I kinda want to check out molecular bio next, but at that point it is just showing off.

Chemistry was actually harder. More math. General Biology is like the break they give you after making it through General Chemistry. Microbiology is like the warmup they give you before they *really* F your S up in Molecular Biology.

So yeah, I'm looking at a weekend of rain (which translates to an under-exercised terrier puppy) and cellular respiration at an insane level of detail. I've already determined to whip up Anne's pimento cheese as the designated comfort food and to take a good 2-hour break every day to pointlessly groom the horses, which I find soothing. Again -- be out there having fun for me party people.

What's that? Where's Matt, you ask? In Las Vegas for the weekend at a bachelor party. Ahem.

Pimento Cheese.....mmmmmmmm

Post a Comment