« Home | open letter to the mental midget who owned my micr... » | be my guest » | What happens when you send everyone to your blog i... » | hypochondrimania » | sloth and idleness » | Stalker Food » | knit one purl too » | It's on. » | girl on film » | Listen closely. »

barn sour


Dana was away, so I went out to her horses this weekend solo. They haven't been ridden in awhile because it's been so wet, so I thought Forever & I would just take a quick jaunt up the road and back. She wasn't having it, and kept trying to head back to the barn. We played the circle game for 5 minutes or so, and she still resisted.

So I hopped off and led her for awhile. To be fair, there were a noisy bunch of sparrows in a tree and a backhoe operating close by, so she had a right to be wary. I hopped back on (which took some manuevering, as I was riding bareback), she still resisted, and we circled again for a bit. I looked behind me and realized if she got pissed I'd be landing in barbed wire and standing flood water, so I was patient. Finally I coaxed her into getting even with the flood level sign above, and then made her stand there awhile before we went back in.

And it was still fun. I do love the horses.