« Home | gaining no purchase » | my iPod thinks I'm an IV drug addict » | barn sour » | open letter to the mental midget who owned my micr... » | be my guest » | What happens when you send everyone to your blog i... » | hypochondrimania » | sloth and idleness » | Stalker Food » | knit one purl too »

Snow Patrol




Photos shot in Angwin yesterday, about 20 miles as the crow flies from Napa. Uphill, obviously. There was actual accumulation, and it was fairly dry. The 7th Day Adventist college students were having fun with it.

It's profoundly weird up there in Angwin. Reminds me of a Stephen King novel (although I've never read one) when I drive through there. All there is in the town is Pacific Union College and a couple of supporting retail establishments -- one market, one laundromat, and a very lonely and creepy gas station. They also have a conservative Christian radio station that fucks up transmissions of NPR upvalley, a wide source of irritation. Because it's 7th Day, all the students are by and large white, and also vegetarian nonsmoking teeototalers. And they say *I* had a misspent youth.

Facts about 7th Day Adventists, because I was curious and looked it up:

* They're way into good health practices - that nutjob Kellogg was one.
* Hell isn't eternal torment, rather annihiliation. That's a nice tidy wrapup.
* They observe a Sat. Sabbath - that's the Seventh-Day bit.
* Rate of college graduation is twice that of average Americans.
* No women pastors, no gays.
* Pronunciation - emphasis on ADventists

This concludes today's Theology FAQ.

but did maisey like the snow?!?!?

i mean maisie

Post a Comment