« Home | all those girls in love with horses » | 2 other hilarious facts » | The $800 dog walk » | finals week - the silence descends » | Prince on a Rascal. » | confession time » | 5:30 a.m. » | wherefore Morpheus? » | Tonight you sleep with the fishes. » | your Lacanian thought of the day »

BI-cycle, BI-cycle


Sorry for the long absentia -- I have been busy doing a fat lot of nothin. It is a student's prerogative to

Okay wait stop. I admit I just had to look up "prerogative" AND I will have you know that my suspicions were correct, it's PRErogative not PERogative. I realize my spelling and grammar has suffered indignities since starting science courses but apparently, I still gots it. Those Ursprache spelling bee shits have nothin on me.

It is a student's prerogative to do fuck-all once a semester ends. I've been in denial about the necessity of summer school, and yeah, I gotta do it. Fortunately only a 6 week course, but it's in bloody Nutrition of all the boring things (I was going to drive the extra miles to Oakland to take Human Sexuality but decided that was a lot of pricey gas to be driving to a class I should be TEACHING) and I thought I was done with proteins for awhile. Plus my hand thing is back and I need a second surgery. So for all that, and other reasons, I've been a little down.

I tried going long walks, but what with one thing another, Maisie's eye injury and the fucking heat mostly, it's not doing me. I haven't ridden Bear in 2 weeks because his owner's been in town (I'm back out tomorrow). I can't find anything fun in the library. I paid $50 in iTunes fees to watch the entire season of Lost in like a week. In other words, serious ennui.

And then it hit me.

Matt, I says, I think I want a bicycle. You hate bicycles he says. That one time you wanted me to teach you to mountain bike you did an endo in the parking lot. Shut up I says. And I don't hate bicycles, I hate the thought of getting run over while ON a bicycle. Which in San Francisco happens ALL THE TIME don't try to tell me otherwise, Andi Lee Hatch. But in Napa there are plenty of places to ride bikes where you won't get run over. And so now, after like 20 years, I want a bicycle. You want a bicycle? he says, have I got you a bicycle.

Enter the Electra Townie.

It's bright orange with whitewalls and white fenders and a wicker basket. It arrives in a week. Summertime fun on 2 wheels. Stay tuned.

It's all due to a right cool gentleman at the bike store named Duke who kitted me out *and* to the lovely folks at Antics Advertising, whose continued employ of me made this summertime fun possible, thankyouverymuch.

Post a Comment