« Home | worterbuch » | wake & bake » | So I got that going for me » | Oh, James. » | if memory serves, I am a GEEEEnius » | getting pretty high tech here: » | >> Seven and the Ragged Arsehole << » | let go, let God » | ins Kino » | your uncreative soul »

I'm in UR internets, learning UR lingo


If you're like me, and own a bird, that Cute Overload photo is funny. If you're like me, and enjoy mangling the Queen's English with words/phrases such as "studying the chemistries," "making the sleeps," and yes, "feets," that photo is really funny.

But that photo becomes downright hilarious when you know the origin of the "I'm in UR..." phrase. It's an online gamer thing, originally "IM in UR base, killing UR d00ds." Translated, that means "I'm inside your headquarters, assassinating all your operatives and you, my friend, are totally unawares. HaHA!"

Now the "IM in UR" phrase has evolved to have general "I'm schooling your ass and you don't even know it" application. Refer again to the macaroni photo above. Hilarious, no?

For better examples than I can dream up, here's the very un-PC link with full info. (Yes, it's the reason I looked up "meme" the other day.)