« Home | ghost in the machine » | chemistry days, healthcare nights » | I'm in UR internets, learning UR lingo » | worterbuch » | wake & bake » | So I got that going for me » | Oh, James. » | if memory serves, I am a GEEEEnius » | getting pretty high tech here: » | >> Seven and the Ragged Arsehole << »

finals week - again.

Finals start today, and hooboy, I'm already exhausted. My night class takes up so much of my day, I've fallen behind in chemistry. I have to leave by 2 to miss traffic, and I get home at 10:30 - 11. I'm too wired to sleep, and have only been able to crack my chem book once and actually get anything done at that hour. Theoretically all our chem problem sets are due 2 1/2 hours from now -- thaaaaaat's not happening. Thank god for the grace period. I'm missing the last 3, and I have a sneaking suspicion I have more done than anyone else.

Fortunately the really late hours end next week; much more humane. FunFacts from C.N.A. class:

* how to make hospital corners. Martha Stewart's instructions here, but she neglects leaving the critical toe pleat.

Realistically, who makes a bed without a fitted sheet? Mattresses are so deep that to get a flat sheet to fit around one, you'd have to buy flat sheets one size up. It is super nice and tidy though.

* 1 oz - 33 cc

* How to take a BP. Unfortunately, I suck at this, because it requires sharp hearing.

* Rectal temperature is 1 degree higher than oral temperature.