« Home | they don't come any tougher » | 6 degrees » | i will sell this house today. i will sell this hou... » | all you ever do is bring me down » | smooth criminal » | start kissing my ass now » | The Bitch Has a Birthday » | modern art makes me rock out » | deshabille » | in honor of spring break »

like everyone else, weather-related ennui

I will not gripe more about the weather, I will tell you about Mandonna.

I went expecting a tranny show. It is not that. It is a most excellent band led by a straight guy with full-on heavy metal beard/ hair who happens to be wearing Madonna costumes and sings like Chris Cornell. In other words, he friggin' rips it. There were many moments to Cherish (Hee!), but the opening of "Like a Prayer" with Black Sabbath's War Pigs was probably top of my list. I've seen a lot of campy, I've seen a lot of tribute, but this was really perversely hilarious. Check 'em out.