« Home | bow chicka bow wow » | product placement II » | where T&A went wrong » | upward failure » | The 80's are officially back » | i am now Wonder Showzen damaged » | more science fun » | allergies/IBS/asthma and hookworms » | literary history for the day » | like everyone else, weather-related ennui »

Sedona





Last weekend I was amongst the red earth, new agers, and well-heeled retirees in lovely Sedona, Arizona. I missed you, Bonnie and Anne! Sedona's known as the home of spiritual vortices, so psychics and healers and astrologers whatnot abound. I know it's just a prismatic effect, but doesn't that middle photo weird you out just a little? I didn't notice it til I got home. Uh-huh. That's right. Vortices.

Re. the shot of me: No, I haven't joined the PLO, the sun was beating down and it was the only hat in the store that didn't have rhinestones.

The bee shot is genuine - apparently it impaled itself on a cactus and died there. Sometimes that happens.

I went to a psychic while in Sedona with the idea of doing a past life regression (Napoleonic courtesan? Etruscan astronomer? Depression-era dirt farmer?) Anyway, I got in there and the idea left me, and I decided to ask after Ivan. He's cool with the afterlife, not coming back as a dog (and he was hardly just a dog last time he was here), and he thinks Maisie is funny-looking. Which she is, so I bought it completely.

don't we all feel like that bee sometimes?

Post a Comment