« Home | little missainnocent sugar me » | milk it for all it's worth » | Try to keep up. » | holy mackerel » | You need a puppy. » | doppelganger » | keep 'em away from me » | all we need is time » | dear computer, please do fuck off. love, me » | Arabian Knights »

drinksy shoesy lazy

Ryan and I celebrated the start of school this week with many, many vodkas at The Page. It's a little bit out of my neighborhood, but may be my neighborhood bar. Place Pigalle is closer, but still only serving beer and wine wtf? There's Lower Haight, which I consider fine and well for the move to that 2nd or 3rd bar, but can't start out there. The drinks were generous and the bar lighting excellent at The Page, and jeans were not being worn tight. We ended the night at Molotov, where jeans were unbelievably tight. People are going to avoid this trend, especially men with no asses, but they'll be wrong so to do: these things give you a shape.

Mauri & I celebrated my resultant hangover with 3 hours of shoe shopping (and tight jean shopping) in Union Square. She was a little recalcitrant on account of a headache and having to put together outfits for a wedding in Idaho or some damn place, but the spirit of the venture remained patient and supportive. We didn't find anything at Macy's, FCUK or DSW and frankly, I was starting to sweat it and then boom! Mauri scores a pair of gold vintage strappy sandals for two.freaking.dollars at Urban. A girl can live on that triumph for weeks.

Speaking of the start of school, didn't I sign up for online biochemistry? Didn't I pay $900? Oughtn't I be starting to read some stuff?

Lately, I have been feeling like I missed out on something special by pursuing a "non-traditional" college living experience. I only lived in a dorm 3 days a week at UC Santa Cruz for 3 quarters and fled "home" to SF, to the Haight in all its early 90’s glory, to crash on my boyfriends mattress he found on the street where I spent Thursday through Monday. I spent yesterday moving my 21 year old cousin back into her "dorm" at Hampshire College. okay, gross. filthy stained industrial carpet, well used mattresses covered in plastic, weird wooden furniture in varying states of disrepair, stacking bunk beds with no way to secure them (arguing with roommate as to who gets the top), and communal bathrooms and kitchen. I think I would still choose the unshowered unappreciative boyfriend and salvaged mattress. at least I knew where they had been.

Post a Comment