« Home | Your final may not go smoothly when: » | finals week - again. » | ghost in the machine » | chemistry days, healthcare nights » | I'm in UR internets, learning UR lingo » | worterbuch » | wake & bake » | So I got that going for me » | Oh, James. » | if memory serves, I am a GEEEEnius »

arse over teakettle

Matt sent me this hilarious photo of his most recent Aikido test. That's him getting tossed by a 5'2" woman. Who is also a black belt you would not want to meet in a dark alley.

He attends Aikido class (seriously?) 5-6 days a week. Yet all I know about Aikido is that it's a Japanese martial art, it means "the way of harmony," and you don't throw punches, you try to use your attacker's own momentum or aggression or whatever to defeat him/hes. Somebody looks fairly defeated here, no? He says he was demonstrating how to roll out of a fall. Suuuuuure.