« Home | for now » | Guess who's back? » | today's Philippines trivia » | pajama jammie jam » | what's hilarious about Grey's Anatomy » | wahoo! » | it sounds like a metaphor » | puppy love » | Now that my niece is old enough to talk back, I'm ... » | resolved: »

i'm just a girl who's only chewing for fun


I've been struggling with how to blog about my life, because much of it involves work. Work is juicy material. Work is being an editor at an online dating site. But not just dating. We own like 50 sites for every *kind* of dating there is, if you know what I mean and I think you do.

But I've finally decided to try, because it's too rich not to, and besides, I'm upsetting people at dinner parties with my inappropriate comments. Best to restrict myself to the web.

The funniest things are the consistent gaffes people make in their dating profiles. Favorites just from this last week:

* guy who mentions recent breakup -- in the headline, no less!

* guy who posts only photo of himself from the Eastern Pennsylvania kite festival

* girl who chooses "homemaker1219" as her handle


It's super fun to work with a bunch of writers on sex content. The typical office banter is totally off the hook, more like cocktail party banter. I plan to meet a coworker from another building for coffee, he says "wear something hot." I attend a meeting on our new VIP membership plan, and I learn about someone's Q-Tip fetish. I get a article to edit, lo and behold, it's my coworker writing about his experience with The Fleshlight sex toy. The fun never stops!