« Home | scrub research results » | Anatomy FunFact » | Roller Derby Bulletin » | Snow Patrol » | gaining no purchase » | my iPod thinks I'm an IV drug addict » | barn sour » | open letter to the mental midget who owned my micr... » | be my guest » | What happens when you send everyone to your blog i... »

the fatherland, part zwei

Another hi-larious email from dad. Bits redacted. Greta is my 4 yr old niece.

Hi! We are having lots of fun with Greta! Today I met a student at Rockford College and took Greta with me. We had coffee
in the Lion's Den and she was real friendly to the male student! Then we went to Ms Jean's house to see her four turtles - she really liked that. There was even angel dust [the good kind] and a magic wand to play with. On Tuesday we rode the el, walked to the lake, visited Millennium Park and fed the pigeons in Daley Center - that was really fun....it was cold and the birds were huddled by the Eternal Flame and did not fly, but when they saw Greta with snack food she could not stamp them away from her shoes but she was not afraid. Tomorrow we go to the farm to see 26 lambs - new born ones! Love, Dad

Perhaps all parental emails are this way. Mauri says her mom's are like if Ernest Hemingway were a 60-something Mexican lady. I've read them, and of course she's spot on.