« Home | adventures in blogland » | I'm also still literate enough to know » | BI-cycle, BI-cycle » | all those girls in love with horses » | 2 other hilarious facts » | The $800 dog walk » | finals week - the silence descends » | Prince on a Rascal. » | confession time » | 5:30 a.m. »

unsleep

Sorry for my long absences. I've had some changes in my life that I'm still trying to process, pretty unsuccessfully.

Part of me always thought I'd be leaving here and going back to the city, to real life, to the next thing. But it looks like I'm staying, which is profoundly strange. I thought I'd get used to it, but I'm not, not so easily. Therefore, insomnia. Which is boring as hell to write about, so I won't.

I heard about a great wedding wherein the brother of the bride decided his sister's big day was the perfect day to:

1. Break an 8-month sober
2. Turn himself in for several warrants and a minimum 5-year sentence.

Don't you love families?

Meanwhile, I'm off to a family wedding this weekend, which, sorry to say, is about as unorganized as I've ever seen. No one knows where or when anything is, no reception information at all, no maps, nothing. I figure the less I know, the less I have to show up for. My orderly German family is dealing pretty well with the chaos. So far.